ADI Engineering announced (Mar 03, 2009) Cinnamon Bay SBC (Single Board Computers) based on the new options for the Intel® Atom™ processor Z5xx platform, which include industrial temperature products. Cinnamon Bay SBC measures a mere 88x110mm, and is available in three SKUs targeted to a wide range of deeply embedded applications such as industrial controls, digital signage, interactive kiosks, general-purpose embedded computing, IP media display and processing, military, medical, gaming, and point of sale (PoS) terminals. ADI offers a -40C to +85C extended temperature range SKU of Cinnamon Bay SBC to meet the rigorous demands of harsh industrial, military, automotive and outdoor applications.
Cinnamon Bay SBC can be used standalone in many applications, since common interfaces and connectors are included on the single board. When expansion is required, application-specific daughtercards can be added quickly and easily to meet unique requirements for HD or SD video, audio, networking, and other features.
ADI has created Cinnamon Bay SBC from the ground up to bring a number of significant new capabilities to the market:
- At 88 x 110mm, Cinnamon Bay is the smallest full-function, expandable Atom Z5XX-based SBC
- First Atom SBC offering 802.3at Power over Ethernet (PoE+)
- First Atom SBC offering true -40C to +85C extended temperature operation that is crucial to military, outdoor, automotive, industrial and other harsh applications
- First Atom Z5XX SBC offering DDR2 scalability from 128MB to 2GB via SO-DIMM
- Low power, fanless operation
- Only Atom SBC backed by ADI's distinctively strong engineering and customization offerings and uniquely open IP model. ADI eliminates single vendor lock-in inherent with other SBC and COM suppliers and ODMs, putting you in complete control.
“Cinnamon Bay SBC specifically targets deeply embedded applications not well served by existing COM or SBC approaches,” said Steve Yates, President, Founder and CTO of ADI Engineering. “With Cinnamon Bay SBC, ADI enables OEMs to take full advantage of the new options of the Intel® Atom™ platform in a flexible, low cost, extended temperature, long life single board computer line that greatly accelerates time to market and reduces the cost of easily differentiated embedded solutions.”
Cinnamon Bay SBC Block Diagram :
- Microsoft Windows XP and XP Embedded
- Insyde Software H2O and DIY BIOS
Related Post :